There’s a lot to discover! Along the Danube are many historic castles, churches and abbeys to explore. We have selected 5 highlights for your tour and put them together to an unforgettable day tour. The Benedictine abbey Göttweig towers on the eastern edge of the Wachau, due to its mountain location also called the “Austrian Montecassino”. The ruin Dürnstein, the British King Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned. The castle ruins Aggstein from which there is a fantastic view over the Wachau. The Baroque Melk Abbey offers a wide range of guided tours for visitors from all over the world, the beautiful park invites you to marvel, look and relax. The pilgrimage church of Maria Taferl is located on the north bank of the Danube, picturesquely situated on a hill offers a magnificent view over the Danube valley and the hilly landscape of the Mostviertel up to the Alps.
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- Departure: Linz, Krems, Melk, other pick-up locations on request
- Date: Individual on request
- Guided tour: with audio guide at castle ruins Aggstein & Benedictine abbey Göttweig
- Pax: 1-7
- Limousines: black Mercedes S500L or black Mercedes Business VAN
- Price: € 850, – including limousine with chauffeur, audio Guide, all entry fees on the spot, non-alcoholic drinks during the trip in the car